- comes with a poly top section
- Optional is an innovative Poly sleeved African Blackwood top section. Most blackwood practice chanter top section tend to crack due to excess moisture in that area. We have designed a top that eliminates this cracking problem by sleeving the wood with Delrin. The mouthpiece threads directly into the sleeve which eliminates any chance of moisture coming into contact with the wood. Basically, it is a Poly practice chanter top fitted inside a Blackwood top.
- includes a removeable water trap which keeps excessive moisture away from your reed
- ferrules for the top section and soles for the bottom section are avaiable in threaded imitation ivory or aluminum or unthreaded silver
- countersunk finger holes with pipe chanter spacing
- total length = 21 3/4" long
This trap was designed to fit all Dunbar long (including Millennium) practice chanters but unfortunately will not fit into our regular length chanter.
For everyday use, reverse blow through the top section to empty the trap. The moisture will come out through the mouthpiece.
For periodic cleaning, you will need to find something smaller in diameter than the 5/32" bore through the mouthpiece and at least 9" long (we use a piece of 1/8" drill rod, but a straightened out coat hanger will work as well). Push this rod down through the mouthpiece and with some pressure; slide the trap out of the top section. Clean with soap and water and re-install. Make sure that the beveled end goes in first ("O"ring goes in last). Very Important - make sure that you slide the trap up into the top section as far as it will go. If it is not seated properly, it will interfere with and damage your reed.